What’s in This Custom Paint Your Own Yoga Mat Kit, and How Will it Change Your Practice?
The My Mandala Mat
This Custom Paint Your Own Yoga Mat Kit starts out with the My Mandala Yoga Mat. This mat was created specifically for My Mandala and it is eco-friendly and made from a very High Density TPE material, for superior cushioning and stability. Most mats have to be thick to keep you comfortable on the floor, but then you can suffer from loss of balance. The My Mandala Mat, at a slender 1 cm thickness will keep you both comfortable on the floor, and help with stability in your practice. It is a medium sticky mat, so you can get a grip, but also get your flow practice going. Due to the dense nature of this Yoga mat, it is naturally resistant to bacteria.
What Else is in The Custom Paint Your Own Yoga Mat Kit?
- Four Stencils Of Your Choosing – pick four yoga themed stencils that align with you and your yoga practice! These are high quality, .5mm multi use stencils. Use them on your mat, then use them on other projects.
- Paint Palette – a 10 well palette with center mixing area in case you want to get creative and make custom colors. Also, strong enough to clean off and use multiple times.
- Yoga Mat Paint – special non-toxic paint for painting your mat. Eight starting colors which can be combined to form new ones. Black, purple, blue, green, yellow, red, pink, white.
- Stencil Tape – special tape for securing your stencil to your mat while painting.
- Paint Brushes – a cute, inspirational carry case holding 3 large spouncer brushes, 4 medium spouncer brushes, 3 small spouncer brushes, and 8 cotton tip applicators for detail work. I clean my brushes and re-use them.
- Yoga Mat Carry Strap – a black strap that allows you easily roll up and take your mat where ever you need to go.
How Long Will The Paint Last?
If you let the mat cure for 48 hours, it is basically water proof, and sweat proof. I wouldn’t put it in a bathtub to soak, but you can definitely take it to the beach, or pool etc. The paint will last approximately 1 year, but may be a little more or little less, dependent on how often you practice, and what type of practice you do.
How Will Using a Mat That You Custom Paint Change Your Practice?
Using this kit to create your own mat allows you to focus on thoughts, or ideals that are important to you. When you create a mat using those ideals, it gives you a real connection to your practice space, and makes your mat more than a mat. You create an extension of your consciousness, and when you practice on your creation, you will be inspired and motivated by your creativity through visual a connection.
Not Sure You Have The Talent?
The stencils in this kit make everyone an artist. There are only 2 rules! Read and follow the directions (or watch the video on our home page), and let go, and enjoy your creativity! Make a mistake… wipe it away and start again. Where else can you do that in life??
Still Not Sold but Want a Beautiful Hand Painted Yoga Mat?
Check out our Finished Mat Page, to see what we have been creating.